We, at thinkstep, enable organizations worldwide to succeed sustainably. Our industry-leading software, data and services drive operational excellence, product innovation, brand value and regulatory compliance. With a global presence in 19 countries we serve more than 2,000 companies, including 40 percent of the Fortune 500 such as BASF, Hewlett-Packard, Interface, Siemens, and Unilever. For more information visit, www.thinkstep.com
Project Manager/Account Manager/Sustainability Consultant (m/f)
We are seeking a talented, motivated and passionate person to join our Boston office and be part of the growing team of sustainability consulting professionals at thinkstep, Inc. The primary function of this role is to foster and grow customer relationships through excellent project management, thus supporting the growth of the consulting business and the personal development of the consulting team.
- Customer Relationships: You are excited to speak with customers and are driven to become their trusted advisor. You have a knack for understanding people’s needs (even if they don’t) and working collaboratively to solve their problems.
- Communication: You are a savvy communicator and these skills are the foundation of your ability to build and maintain relationships. You have a balanced technical and business background that enables you to communicate across technical and non-technical audiences. You excel at, and may even enjoy, navigating difficult conversations with multiple stakeholders.
- Analytical Problem Solver: You have an aptitude for analytical thinking and a natural curiosity to investigate challenges, troubleshoot issues, and design solutions. You anticipate problems and are excited to build processes to solve recurring problems. With a strong technical background, you are comfortable learning new software.
- Organized and Self-Motivated: You can simultaneously work on multiple assignments and understand how to manage conflicting priorities based on the needs of the business. You are energized by an environment that enables you to independently own and drive initiatives.
What you will do:
- Work directly with customers to identify and solve their business challenges.
- As a Senior Project Manager, you are excited about project management and are always eager to integrate processes and tools that make you more effective. You will be expected to:
- Manage 5-10 of our most difficult projects and customers at one time;
- Maintain customer satisfaction while holding them accountable to their commitments;
- Manage difficult customer conversations independently including management of scope creep;
- Identify and drive opportunities to upsell and cross-sell; and
- Mentor and manage daily tasks of analysts and consultants who deliver the technical project work.
- Account Management: Throughout the project build a deep understanding of what challenges your customer faces and how we can best support them. Upon project completion, foster the relationship and drive new business. You will be expected to manage the sales process with the support of global technical and sales resources.
- Support the management team by identifying opportunities to make our consulting business more efficient. Be responsible for driving initiatives to completion.
- A dynamic, energetic, and casual work environment that fosters collaboration.
- The exciting ability to work at the intersection of technology, sustainability and the built environment.
- Opportunity to work with leading customers and a client base that spans all major industries (see www.thinkstep.com/customers).
- A voice at the table; this role reports directly to the US Director of Services.
- An opportunity to help businesses grow while enhancing environmental sustainability.
- Competitive benefits package
- 5-10 years of experience in related field.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Travel will be required as necessary on a project-by-project basis (up to 20% of time, primarily US, Canada, and Europe).
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Our beautiful open concept office with sweeping views of the greenway is located at 170 Milk Street, Boston, MA USA. We are across the street from the New England Aquarium and Long Wharf ferry and walking distance to both North Station and South Station T and train terminals.
If you are excited for the opportunity to join our team, please email your cover letter and resume to HRNA@thinkstep.com, Attention: Kristin Balla, RE: Seller/Doer, telling us why you are the best match for this position. Please include your available starting date, salary requirement, and confirm your authorization to work full-time in the United States. Your resume should be named as follows: “Last Name First Name Resume”. Cover Letter should be named as follows: “Last Name First Name CL”. Please note, resumes sent without cover letters or cover letters that relate to this specific job will not be considered.